Friday, April 9, 2010

New York Food: Day 3

Today was an exciting culinary adventure!

Breakfast: Me and Kayley went to Europa Cafe for breakfast. I was not to impressed. The food was good enough (minus the burnt English muffin) but the service was horrible! They pretty much lied to our faces. It was about hashbrowns so not the end of the world but still...


Lunch: This was some funky, cheap Chinese. We found this dingy little buffet in Chinatown where you could get 5 entrees + soup for 4 dollars. That should have been our first clue. I didn't even taste the soup. It looked like tofu water...

We then went to get cannolis! It was needed trust me...




Dinner: Ethipiopian!!! So amazing! The bread was a little odd. It was this vinergery, soft, tortilla-like stuff. It was pretty good in small amounts but the acidity was getting to me by the end. I wish I would have had a fork to eat the rest of the food with because it was AMAZING!


When we got back to the hotel Amanda and Robbie, being the amazing people they are, gave me an extra cupcake from their trip to Magnolia Bakery. The best cupcake I have ever had. Period. It had this amazing coconut frosting and it was perfectly moist. I wish the picture was better...that's what I get for trying to take a picture of something that is completely white...



0 comments: