Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Obama Youth

There has been a lot of stuff going around about this speech the President Obama gave school children this morning. A lot of people have claimed that he is trying to indoctrinate the children of the United States in to being his spies and that he wants to resurrect the Hitler Youth. *coughGlenBeckcough* Many school have given parents the opportunity to opt out their child from hearing the speech. Well, since I'm no longer in the public education system I decided to look up the transcript to see for myself how much "indoctrination" was happening. Turns out Obama is planning on creating a hellish army of good students that believe in themselves and understand the importance of hard work. What is our country coming to! Seriously, that was an amazing speech! Anyone that was not allowed to see it missed an opportunity. I'm not going to outline every thing that was said but I suggest you read it yourself.

You can read it here!

I will share one of my favorite quotes:

"Where you are right now doesn’t have to determine where you’ll end up. No one’s written your destiny for you. Here in America, you write your own destiny. You make your own future."

Plus there was a plug for debate team so I was pretty happy. :)

0 comments: