Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Let Those Lights Inspire You

In two and a half days I will be leaving the quiet and safety of Rexburg, ID for the biggest adventure that I have ever known. I am moving to New York City to be an intern in the office of the American NGO Coalition for the International Criminal Court. This is an organization that is committed to the essential nature of US support of the ICC. From their website:

AMICC is a coalition of non-governmental organizations committed to achieving through education, information, promotion and an aroused public opinion full United States support for the International Criminal Court and the earliest possible US ratification of the Court's Rome Statute. AMICC members believe that strong participation by the US in the ICC is essential to the future of the Court as an effective institution. They take pride in the historic role of the US in promoting the development of international criminal law. They emphasize that the ICC expresses and implements values traditionally championed by the United States, including international justice and the rule of law.
I am so excited to work for this great organization and to experience New York for real! I will keep everyone updated as to how I am doing and don't worry; I promise not to get mugged!

0 comments: