Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My New Favorite Things

I figure you read my blog. You must be interested in what I like.

#1: Brandon Sanderson. I know I've mentioned the Mistborn novels before but the final book in the trilogy just came out about a month ago and can I just say wow! I highly recommend this series to anyone who is a fan of fantasy, or mystery, or adventure books. Or anyone interested in philosophy or politics. They are beautifully written and so engaging!


#2: 80's music! Ugly clothes, awesome music!


#3. Andy Warhol. He is quite possibly the greatest pop artist to ever live. You can't help but stare when a piece of his work is shown.
#4. The Office. This show is the best written comedy to come out of America ever. Every Thursday you will find me in front of the television patiently waiting for the next episode to start. I mean, who doesn't laugh when Dwight says something off the wall or cringe when Michael tries to create some office unity. I'm not going to lie, I was more interested and involved in Jim and Pam than in my own life for a while. "Do I want to be feared or loved? Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
#5. Guantanamo Bay Debates. In the last two weeks I have had 5 debates and several discussions about the status of Gitmo. I haven't gotten so excited about something in a very long time. It's wonderful. :)

0 comments: